Why Become a Member of RSPH?
- RSPH is one of the world's longest-established public health bodies - with roots extending all the way back to the mid-nineteenth century and the passing of some of the very first Public Health Acts in modern history. We have evolved into a contemporary, forward-thinking organisation - tackling the public health issues our members care about.
- As a Royal Society and an entirely self-funding charity, we remain independent of both governmental and political control. Our loyal members' continued support - through membership fees and other donations - makes this possible.
- In addition to supporting our campaigning work and charitable endeavours, membership of RSPH demonstrates your commitment to and engagement with the sector, gives you exclusive access to our peer-reviewed journals - Perspectives in Public Health (all members) and Public Health (Fellows-only) - and entitles you to use the relevant post-nominals after your name (AMRSPH, MRSPH or FRSPH).
Eligibility CriteriaMembership is open to anyone working in public health or the wider health sector, those studying for a public health related degree (or equivalent) or, indeed, anyone with a lifelong interest in protecting and improving the public’s health and in supporting public health initiatives in the United Kingdom and around the world. We offer 4 main Grades of Membership:
- STUDENT For students undertaking a full time undergraduate or post-graduate qualification in public health or a related discipline.
- ASSOCIATE A career commitment to the improvement of population health and/or wellbeing.
- MEMBER A career commitment to the improvement of population health and/or wellbeing. AND Educated to Bachelors Degree or equivalent from an academic institution or a recognised professional body. OR Hold a Level 3 (or above) qualification from the RSPH or other recognised professional body.
- FELLOW A career commitment to the improvement of population health and/or wellbeing. AND Educated to post-graduate level or equivalent from an academic institution or a recognised professional body. OR 5 years experience in a public health related post. OR A registered Member of the UKPHR.
Follow the steps below to join
- Sign up for an online account and verify your email address
- Log into My RSPH and complete the RSPH membership application form
- Choose your membership level and payment type (You can either pay via Invoice, Credit Card or Direct Debit)
- Submit your form - our membership team will review your application
- Your membership is confirmed and we will send you a membership certificate
Membership feesOur standard annual membership fees are:
Fellows - £156
Members - £109
Associates - £40
Students - £25
We offer a 5% discount on the annual fee for payment by Direct Debit.
Please note that there is also a £35 one-off joining fee for online applications or £40 for paper applications (this is applicable to all membership grades except Student Member).